- It’s a mindset or a philosophy.
- It is the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto.
- It is a framework rather than a methodology.
- It is a way to get more features out the door quicker than ever before.
- It is something that the development teams do.
- Agile development is anarchy! (I haven’t heard this one lately).
One of the challenges with agile development is that it defies being meaningful y described in a sentence or two. I’ve tried, but I never liked the results. I’ve also heard people criticize agile development because it can’t be defined succinctly.